Nobody in the world can control their experience
You cannot influence the weather on your wedding day, you cannot determine when you find the house of your dreams and you cannot control your partner’s feelings for you. The only thing you can control is your thoughts.
And as it happens, your experience is determined by your thoughts and feelings. You are 100% responsible for how you feel and you can make a choice at any time by changing your mind, by changing your thoughts. Because your thoughts influence your feelings and your feelings influence your actions and your actions influence your experience.
So even though you have no control over your experiences, you do have control over the thoughts that you decide to think. Many of our (automatic) thoughts however, have been programmed in our subconscious mind, as a protection mechanism to events in our youth. Our mind’s job is to keep us alive and the way it does that is to surround us with thoughts and beliefs that are familiar. This is why it often seems that even though we want to think positive and empowering thoughts, it just doesn’t seem possible.
To overcome this mechanism, we have to reprogram our subconscious mind. This is very difficult, given the fact that the beliefs are deeply stored away in our unconscious mind. Hypnosis can help out, and you can also change your thinking by telling your mind what you desire. Even more powerful is to make pictures in your mind of what you want: visualisation. Doing this can change our lives. Highly successful people visualise all the time.
Keys to successful programming
- Be positive
- Focus only on what you wish to achieve, eliminate every possible negative word. No, not, don’t are neutral words and have no effect on the subconscious mind. E.g. thinking “I’m not tired” will cause the mind to lock onto the only descriptive words in the sentence: tired. Turn over the negative words into positive.
- Be detailed and crystal clear
- Use clear and descriptive words as possible to describe your desires. Make your words dynamic
- Use the present tense
- The subconscious mind is only in the moment, therefore use words and images that are occuring now, this instant. E.g. my skin is clear and healthy.
- Make it personal
- E.g. I am hugely successful now. Never use the word “my” as a prefix to something you wish to be free of (e.g. my migraine), this is making the mind accept something as belonging to you which it doesn’t.
- Be specific
- Isolate a single area to create programming in that area, focus all your energy on that single area until you see results.
What the mind sees, it believes without question. Your mind will stimulate your body into action. What you can hold in your mind with confidence, you can achieve.